Document Name: Environmental Policy
Document Number: CMT35001
Purpose: CMT Group is committed to leading the industry in minimising the environmental impact of its activities
Environmental Statement: CMT Group recognises the need for sustainability, and continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities.
To achieve this, we will establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving on relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review.
- Considering any environmental issues in the decision-making process
- Developing relationships with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses for by-products whenever economically viable
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisation’s operations
- Cooperating with the communities in which we operate
- Cooperate with the Government, regulatory bodies and any other interested parties with the shared vision of being a good and trusted neighbour
- All environmental issues are reported, rectified, investigated and lessons learnt are implemented. Relevant governing bodies will be notified at the earlier possible opportunity.
For more information, please see the following documents: